Discover generous scholarship opportunities at Arizona State University. Learn about ASU’s New American University Scholarships and how to apply for financial aid to support your education goals.
Being a New American University Scholar entails more than just financial aid for your education; it also involves a one-of-a-kind opportunity to begin making a difference while pursuing your degree.
ASU provides merit-based scholarships of up to $14,500 USD to outstanding prospective overseas students pursuing academic achievement at ASU. When students are admitted to ASU, they are considered for this award. To be considered for this award, all international admission application materials (admission application, official transcripts, test scores, financial guarantee, and application fee) must be received by the ASU Undergraduate Admissions Office by the April 1 scholarship priority date. GPA and test scores are important eligibility factors. Students on F-1 visas are eligible for this scholarship. Students who have been sponsored are not eligible.
Details of the New American University Scholarships
- Award Institution: New American University Scholarships
- Award Location: United States
- Degree Level: Undergraduate and Graduate
- Eligible Nationality: International students from all countries
- Award Amount/Coverage:
- Undergraduate: Varies based on academic achievement, but can cover partial to full tuition.
- Graduate: Amounts vary by program and academic achievement, covering tuition, stipends, or research assistantships.
- Deadline: Varies by program and level. Generally, undergraduate applications are due between December 1st and January 15th for the following academic year, while graduate deadlines vary by department.
- Spring and Fall every year
- Scholarship deadline same as application deadline
Join Our Online Communities if You haveen't Joined it Already
Stay in Touch & Follow us on our Social Media Platforms to Get Latest Updates of Latest Opportunities.
Funding and Benefits of this Award
- Tuition Coverage: The New American University Scholarships provide substantial financial support to both undergraduate and graduate students. For undergraduate students, the scholarship can cover a significant portion of tuition costs, making a high-quality education more accessible. Graduate students may also receive tuition coverage, which varies depending on the specific program and academic achievement.
- Stipends and Research Assistantships: In addition to tuition coverage, graduate students may have the opportunity to receive stipends or research assistantships. These additional financial resources can help graduate students cover living expenses and contribute to their academic and research pursuits.
- Flexible Award Amounts: The scholarship award amounts are flexible and depend on various factors, including academic merit, financial need, and the specific program or department. This flexibility ensures that a wide range of students can benefit from the New American University Scholarships.
- Support for International Students: The scholarships are open to international students from all countries, making it an inclusive opportunity for individuals seeking higher education in the United States. This support extends to students around the world, fostering diversity and cultural exchange on campus.
- Renewable Awards: Many of the New American University Scholarships are renewable, meaning that students who maintain their academic performance and meet eligibility criteria can continue to receive funding throughout their academic journey. This offers students the security of continued financial support as they pursue their degrees.
- Access to World-Class Education: Beyond financial assistance, the New American University Scholarships grant students access to a world-class education. Recipients can benefit from top-notch faculty, cutting-edge research opportunities, and a diverse and dynamic academic community.
- Career and Networking Opportunities: Being part of the New American University community provides students with valuable networking opportunities and access to career services. This support can be instrumental in helping students secure internships, co-op positions, and job opportunities after graduation.
- Community Engagement: The scholarship program often encourages students to engage in community service and leadership activities, fostering personal growth and a sense of social responsibility among recipients.
Also Apply for the >>> NPC Recruitment 2023: Application Deadline, Requirements, and How to Apply
New American University Scholarships New American University Scholarships
Here are the eligibility requirements for the New American University Scholarships:
- Academic Excellence: Applicants must demonstrate a strong academic record. This typically includes a high school or undergraduate GPA that meets or exceeds the university’s standards. For graduate scholarships, a competitive undergraduate GPA or relevant academic achievements in prior studies are often required.
- Admission to Arizona State University: To be considered for these scholarships, applicants must first gain admission to Arizona State University. Each scholarship may have specific admission criteria, so it’s crucial to review the requirements for your intended program of study.
- Degree Level: Eligibility varies depending on the degree level. These scholarships are available for both undergraduate and graduate programs, so applicants must ensure they meet the requirements for their desired degree level.
- Nationality: New American University Scholarships are open to international students from all countries. There are no nationality restrictions.
- Application Deadline: Applicants must adhere to the specific application deadlines for their chosen program and scholarship. Deadlines can vary by degree level and program, so it’s essential to check the university’s official website for the most up-to-date information.
- Other Criteria: Some scholarships may have additional criteria, such as specific academic majors, extracurricular involvement, or leadership experience. These requirements can vary, so candidates should carefully review the scholarship details for any supplementary criteria.
- Continued Academic Progress: In many cases, recipients of these scholarships are expected to maintain a specified level of academic performance throughout their studies to retain their scholarship eligibility.
- Financial Need (Optional): While academic merit is a primary consideration for many New American University Scholarships, some programs may take financial need into account as well. Applicants with financial need may be eligible for additional support.
- Compliance with Visa Regulations: International students must ensure they meet all U.S. visa and immigration requirements to study in the United States.
New American University Scholarships New American University Scholarships New American University Scholarships
Don’t forget to also see >>> University of Calgary Rankings, Tuition, Acceptance Rate and Graduate Programs
Documents Required for Application
Here is a list of commonly required documents for New American University Scholarships applications:
- Application Form: Most scholarship applications will require you to complete an official application form. This form will often be available on the university’s scholarship portal.
- Academic Transcripts: You will need to submit your academic transcripts, which may include your high school transcripts for undergraduate applicants and undergraduate transcripts for graduate applicants. Transcripts should provide a record of your academic performance.
- Letters of Recommendation: Applicants are usually required to provide letters of recommendation from teachers, professors, or other individuals who can speak to your academic abilities and character.
- Statement of Purpose or Personal Statement: Many scholarship applications require a written statement in which you explain your academic and career goals, why you are applying for the scholarship, and how it aligns with your aspirations.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV): A detailed resume or CV that highlights your academic achievements, extracurricular activities, work experience, and any relevant accomplishments is often required.
- Standardized Test Scores: Depending on the scholarship and your degree level, you may need to submit standardized test scores such as the SAT, ACT, GRE, or TOEFL/IELTS (for international students).
- Financial Documentation (if applicable): If the scholarship considers financial need, you may need to provide financial statements or documents to demonstrate your financial situation.
- Passport Copy: International students should submit a copy of their passport to confirm their identity and nationality.
- Visa Documentation (if applicable): For international students, you may need to provide visa documentation to confirm your eligibility to study in the United States.
- Portfolio (for certain programs): If you are applying for scholarships in the arts, design, or other creative fields, you may need to submit a portfolio showcasing your work.
- Additional Essays or Supplementary Materials: Some scholarships may require additional essays or supplementary materials specific to the scholarship’s focus or requirements.
- Proof of Admission: You’ll need to show proof of admission to Arizona State University or provide your application ID as part of your scholarship application.
- Any Other Required Documents: Review the specific scholarship’s application guidelines carefully for any additional documents or requirements unique to that scholarship.
New American University Scholarships New American University Scholarships New American University Scholarships
Major Courses or Fields Available
Below is a general list of some of the major academic areas and types of programs that Arizona State University typically offers:
- Business and Management
- Business Administration
- Supply Chain Management
- Engineering and Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Information Technology
- Aerospace Engineering
- Environmental Science
- Health and Medicine
- Biomedical Sciences
- Public Health
- Exercise and Wellness
- Social Sciences
- Political Science
- Arts and Humanities
- Fine Arts
- Elementary Education
- Secondary Education
- Special Education
- Architecture and Design
- Urban Planning
- Landscape Architecture
- Graphic Design
- Masters and Doctoral Programs: Arizona State University offers a wide range of graduate programs in various disciplines, including business, engineering, sciences, social sciences, arts, education, and more.
- Professional Programs: These may include programs in law, medicine, nursing, business administration (MBA), public administration (MPA), and others.
- Online and Distance Learning: ASU is known for its online degree programs, allowing students to pursue graduate education remotely in a variety of fields.
- Research-Based Programs: ASU is a research-intensive university, and many graduate students engage in research-based programs, leading to the completion of a thesis or dissertation.
- Interdisciplinary Studies: ASU encourages interdisciplinary studies, allowing students to combine elements from different academic disciplines to create customized graduate programs.
New American University Scholarships New American University Scholarships New American University Scholarships New American University Scholarships
How to Apply for the New American University Scholarships
Here is a general step-by-step process for applying to Arizona State University as an undergraduate or graduate student:
Step 1: Research and Choose a Program
- Explore the various undergraduate or graduate programs offered by Arizona State University.
- Research specific admission requirements, deadlines, and prerequisites for your chosen program.
Step 2: Create an ASU Account
- Go to Arizona State University’s official website.
- Create an online account if you don’t already have one. This account will be used to access the university’s application portal.
Step 3: Complete the Online Application
- Log in to your ASU account and access the online application portal.
- Fill out the application form with accurate and complete information.
- Pay the application fee, if applicable. Fee waivers may be available for eligible students.
Step 4: Prepare and Submit Required Documents
- Gather all required documents, which may include transcripts, letters of recommendation, standardized test scores, a resume or CV, a personal statement or essay, and any additional materials specified by your program.
- Scan or upload these documents to the application portal as instructed.
Step 5: Submit Test Scores (if required)
- If your program requires standardized test scores (e.g., SAT, ACT, GRE, TOEFL, IELTS), ensure that your scores are sent directly to ASU from the testing agency.
Step 6: Check Application Status
- Regularly check the status of your application through your ASU account. This will allow you to monitor the progress of your application and ensure that all required documents have been received.
Step 7: Attend Interviews or Auditions (if required)
- Some programs may require interviews, auditions, or additional assessments as part of the application process. Be prepared for any such requirements.
Step 8: Await Admission Decision
- After submitting your application, ASU’s admission committee will review your application and make an admission decision.
- You will receive notification of your admission status through your ASU account or via email.
Step 9: Accept Admission Offer (if admitted)
- If you are admitted, carefully review the admission offer letter and any financial aid or scholarship offers.
- Follow the instructions provided to accept the admission offer and enroll in classes.
Step 10: Apply for Scholarships (if interested)
- If you are interested in scholarships, including the New American University Scholarships, check the specific scholarship requirements and deadlines. Some scholarships may require separate applications.
Step 11: Secure Housing (if necessary)
- If you plan to live on campus, apply for university housing as early as possible.
Step 12: Register for Classes
- Once admitted and enrolled, work with your academic advisor to register for classes.
Please note that this is a general guide, and the specific steps and requirements can vary based on your circumstances and the program you’re applying to.
Learn more about >>> BMO Harris Express Pay: Convenience, Security, and Efficiency
Some Frequently Asked Questions with Answers
Here are some frequently asked questions (FAQs) about the New American University Scholarships at Arizona State University, along with their answers:
1. What are the New American University Scholarships?
- The New American University Scholarships are a range of merit-based scholarships offered by Arizona State University to support undergraduate and graduate students in their pursuit of higher education.
2. Who is eligible to apply for these scholarships?
- The eligibility criteria can vary by scholarship, but in general, they are open to both domestic and international students. Eligibility is typically based on academic merit and other criteria.
3. How do I apply for the New American University Scholarships?
- To apply for these scholarships, you need to complete the ASU admission application. Some scholarships may have additional requirements, so be sure to review the specific scholarship guidelines.
4. When is the application deadline for these scholarships?
- The application deadlines for these scholarships can vary depending on the specific scholarship and the level (undergraduate or graduate) at which you are applying. Be sure to check the deadlines for each scholarship you are interested in.
5. Are there separate applications for each scholarship?
- Some scholarships may require separate applications, while others may consider all eligible applicants during the regular admission application process. It’s essential to review the scholarship requirements to determine if additional applications are necessary.
6. What criteria are considered for scholarship selection?
- The primary criterion is academic merit, often demonstrated through your GPA and standardized test scores (if applicable). Some scholarships may also consider factors such as leadership, community involvement, and specific talents or achievements.
7. Can I apply for multiple New American University Scholarships?
- Yes, you can generally apply for multiple scholarships if you meet the eligibility criteria for each. Be sure to review the specific scholarship guidelines to understand any restrictions or limitations.
8. How will I be notified if I receive a scholarship?
- If you are selected to receive a scholarship, you will typically be notified by the university through email or an official letter. It’s crucial to check your email and ASU’s communication channels regularly.
9. Are these scholarships renewable?
- The renewability of scholarships can vary by program. Many scholarships at ASU are renewable as long as you maintain a specified level of academic performance. Be sure to review the terms and conditions of your specific scholarship.
10. Can I combine New American University Scholarships with other forms of financial aid?
- In many cases, you can combine these scholarships with other forms of financial aid, but there may be limitations. It’s advisable to consult ASU’s financial aid office for guidance on maximizing your financial support.
11. Are graduate students eligible for these scholarships?
- Yes, some New American University Scholarships are available for graduate students. The availability and criteria for graduate scholarships can vary by program, so check with the specific graduate department for details.